2.09.2010

Wedding Shenanagins!

In an effort to share and thank those for posting great projects online I'm sharing my internet scrounging for DIY and re-purposed wedding projects with pictures of my DIY results.

Our centerpieces will utilize empty wine and spirits bottles paired with "floral poofs" made from the yellow pages. Via Jessi Hack Weddings Blog. The only thing I did differently was to round the corners before pulling them apart much like the Martha Stewart version which uses tissue paper. As far as the empty bottles go I would like to create a milk glass look like this. The large blue bottle in the middle will actually be filled with wine to serve at the tables. The petal shape motif comes from a DIY post on Design*Sponge. I'm planning on spray painting these yellow.



















I also found the time this past weekend to rock out these stellar cupcake stands. Three separate trips to three different thrift stores gave me quite the collection of old plates and vases to work with. Some glue from JoAnn's and a couple hours Saturday afternoon resulted in these bad boys! So many places of inspiration for DIY stands all over the interweb: Ashley Ann Photography | The Crafty Nest | Elizabeth Ann Designs | Design*Sponge

Enjoy! More DIY wedding shenanigans coming soon! For real, I promise. Plus I've got to get invites designed. The pressure is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment